INTRODUCTION TO APPLIED SAFE WEBINAR
December 5, 2019
December 17, 2019
November 26, 2019
December 12, 2019
PRODUCT DETAILS OF APPLIED SAFE®
- A process is a logical sequence of related activities to create a performance or a transformation of a work product
- Phases divide the process into time sequences
- Work Product Models are grouped in packages. Applied SAFe® provides each package an overview of the work products and their direct relations
- Work Products are the work results of the process and its activities as well as the most important element of the process
- Roles are assigned responsibilities, skills, and knowledge to perform the process activities defined in a role description
- Activities are manual or semi-automated work step to create a performance or a transformation of a work product
- Practices describe how something can be done
- Tailoring is possible on several levels
TAILORING CONCEPT – ASSISTED PROCESS TAILORING
- Customize and extend in order to reduce your adoption and creation investment
- Reduce waste and save money, by using >440 prebuilt tailoring options
APPROVED BY Scaled Agile Inc.
- Each new version of Applied SAFe® is officially approved by the inventor of the Scaled Agile Framework
WE SOLVE YOUR COMPLIANCE CHALLENGES!
- Relieve teams from the burden of compliance by giving them concrete, compliant processes.
- Flow within compliance boundaries: Tailor processes exactly to level-specific needs and achieve highest efficiency and compliance.
- Be agile, efficient, and compliant all at the same time.
ESTABLISH COMPLIANCE WITH MINIMAL EFFORT
- We created mappings from Applied SAFe® to various reference models like CMMI, Automotive SPICE, IEC 62304, CTR-180 (FDA) and more
- Applied SAFe® can further include and ensure compliance with other Reference Models like HIPPA or your own company-specific references models
- It’s our concept to enable you to do this mapping by yourself. If requested, we will help you to map the implementation for you
LEARN, INNOVATE AND IMPROVE
Most regulatory requirements request to establish relentless improvement.
Applied SAFe® comes with a built-in agile organizational learning system. We have pre-built the needed processes so that a company can learn as a system and not as individuals.
BUILT IN ORGANIZATIONAL LEARNING PROCESSES
- Use defined metrics and proven best practices
- Ensure that feedback cycles and improvements from the various levels are taken into account and lead to structured improvement
EASY ACCESS TO GIVE AND GET FEEDBACK FOR ALL
- Members of Teams, Programs, Value Streams, Portfolio and Enterprise can add annotations to every processing element of Applied SAFe® at any given time
HAVE EXPERIENCED LEARNING FROM THE APPLIED SAFE® COMMUNITY
- Incorporate your best practices into Applied SAFE®, in turn, all customers will benefit from the added knowledge in the community
- Practices are anonymized, therefore, helpful for all users of Applied SAFe®
APPLIED SAFE® ARCHITECTURE AND IMPLEMENTATION
- The process model is implemented in a way that you can instantiate independently on each level
- Applied SAFe® is capable of making use of various life cycle models. As proposed by SAFe®, teams can run with Scrum, Kanban or a combination of both as an agile method. Additionally, it is possible to coexist with other life cycles and to synchronize via the Agile Release Train. Teams can choose their life cycle depending on their needs and their agile readiness
Applied SAFe can be bought in different configurations, fitting the various needs of medium and large companies.
You can start with the simplest configuration “Essential”, and then upgrade your package afterward, increasing the number of licenses and type of configurations as more employees join the SAFe journey.
Please find out more about Applied SAFe product variations here: