New Year, New Trainings, Conferences, Partners, and more!
Thanks to your valued partnership, 2018 was a very successful year. We look forward to more of the same great relationships in 2019.
Our best wishes to you and yours in the new year.
2018: A Year in Review
2018 was a great year for us at PEDCO AG. We attended 9 conferences located all around the world where we spoke to various professionals in industries such as Medtech and Automotive all about Applied SAFe. We also held several trainings, workshops, and tutorials on Lean-Agile Compliance, Lean-Agile Process-Engineering and -Execution as well as SAFe (including public classes of SAFe for Teams) and process engineering.
If you haven’t noticed already we are currently in the process of revamping our website. We are very excited about this and to do a full new launch this year.
What’s Happening in 2019
Announcement: Next version Applied SAFe 4.6
We are on the finishing line to release our new version of Applied SAFe 4.6. It will include all changes of SAFe 4.6 as well as new features.
This new version will include an introduction to the Five Core Competencies of the Lean Enterprise. Mastery of these five competencies enables enterprises to successfully navigate digital disruption and to effectively respond to volatile market conditions, changing customer needs, and emerging technologies.
Applied SAFe serves as your own customizable instance of SAFe®. It includes all roles, activities, templates, guidelines, milestones, and phases as defined by the SAFe® methodology in order to bring the framework to life; including metrics and tailoring. Applied SAFe is a comprehensive implementation of SAFe as a process model with a sophisticated customization mechanism that allows instantiating each SAFe level independently but in line with the intended new SAFe configurations. For each of your endeavors just select the chosen SAFe configuration (e.g. Essential SAFe) and Applied SAFe tailors all elements accordingly.
Want to customize more specifically? Over 440 pre-built tailoring options give you the flexibility you are looking for besides of engineering your individual extensions. Share your knowledge via the integrated practice library and benefit from additional capabilities to reach compliance requirements like Automotive SPICE, HIPPA, CTR-180 (FDA), SOX, CMMI and many more while executing your lean-agile SAFe endeavor.
We will be attending more Conferences!
An outlook of upcoming conferences and presentations; visit our booth, we are keen to discuss your challenges and propose solution approaches:
So far we have 9 conferences scheduled where we will either have a booth or be speaking at and talking to like-minded individuals.
Take a look at the conferences we are attending.
Want to organize the participation of PEDCO at your events?
- Get in touch if you want us to present topics from our experience around scaling agile in regulated environments at your in-house or open door event or conference. Contact us.
Global presence with our Partner Program
PEDCO’s Partner Program continues to grow; since July 2017 we have established new partnerships with several companies from Europe, USA, and Latin America.
In 2018 we brought on some great partners for transformation, tooling, and training. See below at the list of our newest partners:
- AgileCraft® delivers the most comprehensive software solution available for scaling agile to the enterprise. We empower your organization by combining sophisticated planning, analysis, forecasting, and visualization with robust, multi-level collaboration and management. AgileCraft transforms the way organizations enable and manage agile productivity across their enterprise, portfolios, programs, and teams by aligning business strategy with technical execution. The single source of truth in AgileCraft gives you full, top to bottom visibility, progress, value delivery, and customer feedback and will help keep you aligned for better outcomes.
- The Rally acquisition brings to CA leading agile software and services expertise to help businesses consistently and quickly develop high-quality software. Not only do Rally’s offerings complement and expand CA strengths in DevOps and Application Lifecycle Management, but they open up a whole new range of opportunities in a world driven by software.
- ERNI was founded in 1994 in Switzerland to develop innovative software for international companies and SME. Right from the beginning sharing know-how to establish collective skills and focusing on economically sound engineering solutions played a key role. Their clients profit from method-based consulting services, partnership-oriented technology services and cost-conscious delivery services.
- Safe Journey is all about your journey. Whether you are a large organisation that needs help with your agile transformation or you are in one of the numerous roles affected by an agile transformation and need to understand how you can find your feet in the agile world, we are ready to support you on your agile journey.
- SoftComply helps medical device software companies be compliant with medical device regulations through our Atlassian add-ons for quality management system and risk management.
We performed last year and will continue to offer trainings for SAFe®, Applied SAFe® and Lean-Agile. Based on our deep design and development experience with process engineering on the Stages platform we now also offer specific workshops and trainings, hence, created an additional training category for process engineering:
- SAFe Training: We will continue to train SAFe as we have very experienced practitioners as trainers, coming from or working in regulated environments and able to discuss SAFe applied in complex environments.
- Applied SAFe Training: Get certified as Applied SAFe Engineer and learn how to enhance our product, as a certified Applied SAFe Quality Manager you will be able to guide and lead the implementation of Applied SAFe in complex environments.
- Process Engineering
Benefit from our mature development experience with process engineering on the Stages platform. We gained in-depth skills not only on process design but also in the effective use of the tailoring features, different instantiation and deployment mechanisms as well as compliance mappings to a number of reference models and much more. Get inspired!
Click here to check out all the Trainings we have going on this year!
On November 7th Scaled Agile Inc. released SAFe 4.6. Here a brief summary of changes:
SAFe 4.6 introduces the five core competencies of the Lean Enterprise critical to achieving and sustaining a competitive advantage in an incerasingly digital age. The new SAFe for Government article describes a set of success patterns that help public sector organizations implement Lean-Agile practices.
The SAFe 4.6 release focuses on the following key areas of improvements:
- Essential SAFe and configurability (Applied SAFe 4.0 users are already familiar with different framework configurations).
- Five core competencies of a Lean Enterprise
- SAFe for Government
- SAFe Implementation Roadmap including three new courses: SAFe DevOps, Agile Software Engineering, and SAFe System and Solution Architect.
- What’s New in SAFe 4.6? Read more.
SAFe is the most widely-used approach to scaling agile – 12th State of Agile Report by Version One
- Scaling Methods and Approaches: SAFe (29%) has overtaken Scrum/Scrum of Scrums (19%) to be the most popular scaling method cited by respondents.
- Top 5 Tips for Success with Scaling Agile: Respondents indicated the most valuable in helping them scale agile practices in order were: Internal Agile Coaches, Consistent practices and processes across teams, Implementation of a common tool across teams, External Agile Consultant or Trainers, Executive sponsorship. Read more.