PRODUCT DETAILS OF APPLIED SAFE®
Our software, APPLIED SAFe®, is the only tool that helps tracking & design your processes, making sure that you can adhere to regulations while still doing SAFe®.
- A process is a logical sequence of related activities to create a performance or a transformation of a work product
- Phases divide the process into time sequences
- Work Product Models are grouped in packages. Applied SAFe® provides for each package on each level an overview of the work products and their direct relations
- Work Products are the work results of the process and its activities and the most important element of the process
- Roles are process-actor with assigned responsibilities, skills and knowledge to perform the process activities defined in a role description
- Activities are manual or semi-automated work step to create a performance or a transformation of a work product
- Practices describe how something can be done, in contrast to activities within processes which tell you what has to be done
- Tailoring is possible on several levels
TAILORING CONCEPT – ASSISTED PROCESS TAILORING
- Coordinate the Program Backlogs of several ART‘s for a Value Stream on Portfolio
- ART‘s to run their own Program Epic KANBAN
- Set up a portfolio and its sub-instances either in a 3-Level or 4-Level SAFe® configuration
APPROVED BY Scaled Agile Inc.
- Each new version of Applied SAFe® is officially approved by the inventor of the Scaled Agile Framework
ESTABLISH COMPLIANCE WITH MINIMAL EFFORT
- We created mappings from Applied SAFe® to various reference models like CMMI, Automotive SPICE 3.0, IEC 62304, CTR-180 (FDA) and others
- Applied SAFe® can further include and ensure compliance with other Reference Models like HIPPA or your own company-specific references models
COMPLIANCE CONCEPT – IMPLEMENTATION IN APPLIED SAFE®
- Process models can be assigned to several reference models
- Reference and process models can define specific public or local scopes E.g. Scope Software Dev
- Process elements are then assigned to reference elements and rated on how much they fulfill the reference element
- Fulfilling of a scope or a complete reference model is calculated in a rating
- A company-wide analysis of fulfilling of all instances of a portfolio, value stream, program or team can be calculated automatically
LEARN, INNOVATE AND IMPROVE
Most regulatory requirements request to establish Learn, Innovate and Improve.
Applied SAFe® comes with a built-in agile organizational learning system. We have pre-built the needed processes so that a company can learn as a system and not as individuals.
BUILT IN ORGANIZATIONAL LEARNING PROCESSES
- Use defined metrics and proven best practices, so that you can benefit from the first day on
- Ensure, that feedback cycles and improvements from the various levels are taken into account and lead to a structured improvement of PAL
EASY ACCESS TO GIVE AND GET FEEDBACK FOR ALL
- Members of Teams, Programs, Value Streams, Portfolio and Enterprise can add annotations to every processing element of Applied SAFe® at any given time
PERFORM EXPERIENCED LEARNING FROM THE APPLIED SAFE® COMMUNITY
- Applied SAFe® offers for free to incorporate customers best practices into Applied SAFE®. This has the advantage that all customers will benefit from the added knowledge in the community
- Practices will be anonymized to be helpful for all users of Applied SAFe®
APPLIED SAFE® ARCHITECTURE AND IMPLEMENTATION
- The process model is implemented in a way that you can instantiate independently on each level, portfolio, value stream, program, and team.
- Applied SAFe® is capable of making use of various life cycle models. As proposed by SAFe®, teams can run with Scrum, Kanban or a combination of both as an agile method. Additionally, it is possible to coexist with other life cycles and to synchronize via the Agile Release Train. Teams can choose their life cycle depending on their needs and their agile readiness
Applied SAFe can be bought in different configurations, fitting the various needs of medium and large companies.
You can start with the simplest configuration “Essential”, and then upgrade your package afterward, increasing the number of licenses and type of configurations as more employees join the SAFe journey.
Please find out more about Applied SAFe product variations here: