Sales Director (EMEA)
PEDCO AG (pedco.eu) is providing know-how and processes for people building the world’s most important systems. To ensure the further growth of our company, we are looking for a Sales Director for EMEA as described below. For further information please visit our Jobs Page.
Based in Zurich, Switzerland we are still in a startup mode and agile at heart. We are an equal opportunity employer offering competitive compensation, great benefits, perks, and together with our valued partners, one of the finest teams anywhere.
As the Sales Director you are responsible to develop key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans. Successful execution of these strategies is required to achieve your financial targets. Sales director duties include achieving targets, building relationships and understanding customer needs.
As you will be the first person filling this newly created role, you will have a tremendous impact on how this role will evolve; including the possibility to grow into a truly international position, and by success to participate directly as the company grows. You will report directly to the CEO and at a later stage, you will lead a team of sales executives.
- Own and achieve/exceed sales targets within the assigned territory (EMEA) and accounts.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to reach sales targets and expand the customer base.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives.
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations.
- Understand category-specific landscapes and trends.
- Report on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts.
- Develop and implement performance management and quality control to review sales processes with existing CRM Vtiger.
Required Skills and Knowledge
You must have evidence of on-going personal and professional development experience in previous job roles to fulfill a senior job role like this one. As we are still a startup company, you need to be able to perform tasks by yourself and, at a later stage, lead an international sales team. You are a self-reliant, focused and pragmatic person with excellent analytical skills. Former colleagues would describe you as pleasant, energetic, flexible, reliable, results-oriented and self-motivated.
You bring with you the following experience to perform this complex assignment:
- Proven sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close (through all sales cycles)
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
- Proven ability to position products, also against competitors
- Excellent listening, negotiation, presentation, verbal and written communications skills in English and German, multilingual capabilities are a big plus, e.g. Chinese, French, Spanish
- Knowledge of agile methodologies, especially the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Use of digital marketing techniques and practices
- Knowledge and experience in regulated environments is a big plus. E.g. Automotive, Government, Defense, Finance, Pharmaceutic, … and its related reference models such as CMMI, A-Spice 3.0, FDA CPT 11, ISO 62305, ISO 13485, FAA,…
- Able to work with our infrastructure e.g. Stages, WordPress, VTiger, Google Mail …
Where you will be working?
This position is based in Zurich, Switzerland with home office opportunities as well. Our corporate headquarters and training center is in Zurich, Switzerland.
Some short time travel is required to visit customers, conferences, events and PEDCO meetups.
We are a growing organization with a proven revenue model and a serious opportunity to be the global market leader of processes for lean enterprises. We are a motivated team and process management is near to our heart. We are a group of seasoned professionals and systems thinkers who are passionate about our mission of helping the biggest organizations in the world improve the way they produce solutions and create real value.
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant and growing business we’d love to hear from you. Please provide a resume, with a few thoughts on why you think you’d be a great fit. (We still read cover letters).
We look forward to receiving your complete application in electronic form sent to email@example.com.
Purpose, Mastery, Autonomy
We believe in people and having a purpose, rather than just having a job. This means that you will have a tremendous impact on how each role will evolve; including the possibility to grow into a truly international position.
Therefore, we believe in the importance of purpose, mastery, autonomy as described by Daniel Pink in this short video: