Applied Agile Practices for Large-scale Organizations
Agile is a new standard in the development paradigm and in the industry. The challenges of ‘Agile at Scale’ are realized every day. The only method out there for agility at scale is the Scaled Agile Framework. PEDCO has direct access to the thought leadership and all the content of SAFe, the Scaled Agile Framework, which is the de-facto standard for agility at scale. Combined with that we have access to Stages from MethodPark, the world leading process management tool and we as system integrators have integrated both the framework and the platform into one product called Applied SAFe.
Applied SAFe helps companies to implement SAFe fast and precise, customize it to their individual exact needs and to truly establish relentless improvement; if needed in compliance with several reference models like CMMI, Automotive Spice, Med-Tech and many more. Such organizations depend on their process and their process authoring and being able to stand up in terms of an audit or against an audit. PEDCO created the product Applied SAFe which creates a dynamic where you can author your entire process and instantiate to your community internal or external and ensure that you have the best and most compliant process for your organization. -> More about Applied SAFe
In this webinar, hosted by our collaboration partner MethodPark, we presented a short introduction to SAFe and a glimpse on Applied SAFe as a fully fledged implementation of the Scaled Agile Framework as a process model. In this recording, you see how this implementation of the Scaled Agile Framework, empowered by the Stages process management system supports your organization to become agile. If you want to see more, contact us on AppliedSAFe@pedco.eu or visit us at the Stages Insight on March 29th in Fürth Germany; as we will have a booth there – Take this opportunity to get a personal view on Applied SAFe and talk with Peter Pedross (CEO) or Stefan Küffer (Principal Process Engineer).
Pure agility does not work in complex organizations. As Scrum is for the Agile team, Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe) is for the Agile enterprise. SAFe is the world’s most comprehensive model for adopting Agile across an enterprise.
- Alignment: Having a well aligned organization ensures that employees will be focusing on the right work at the right time. Getting everyone on the same page and having the same understanding of the work they want to achieve is extremely valuable to producing high value work in highly motivated teams.
- High Quality Software: The SAFe model merges software engineering practices with process and management best practices such as Lean and Scrum in order to ensure quality is a strong focus from the very beginning of our work.
- More value sooner: SAFe is a model to help get more value sooner – at large scale. The goal of the Scaled Agile Framework is to deliver the best quality and value, producing more customer delight at lower cost, while having happier team members at the same time.
For further introduction to SAFe, here is short SAFe foundation video of 23’ by Dean Leffingwell – Creator of the Scaled Agile Framework. For people which prefer to read, here’ a small booklet describing SAFe, which is very handy to read in less than 1 hour (SAFe 4.0 White Paper).
Stages Insights will take place on March 29th, 2017 in Fürth Germany. Participants will learn more about experiencing processes and usability. Method Park customers will present their process implementations and showcase how Stages is being applied to successfully support their business goals.
Register right now! Early bird price is still valid until February 22nd, 2017.
Highlights of the conference:
- Experience with Stages in use
- ‘Our Journey towards Successful Process Management’ – Bianca Ballard, ebm-papst St. Georgen
- ‘Using a Phase Model for guiding Project Managers’ – Charlotte König, BMW AG
- ‘Process Instantiation – from Zero to Use in 3 Months’ – Dr. Simone Laukemper-Ostendorf, Drägerwerk AG
- ‘Stages as a Platform for Quality Relevant Development Documentation’ – Felix Fröbel, BSH Hausgeräte GmbH
- View to the Stages Roadmap
- Trends & news around processes:
- The Stages method
- Complexity in engineering
- Process experience
- Expert discussions in the Consulting Café
- Experience exchange and networking
Participants from companies like Audi, Automotive Lighting, BMW, Bosch Engineering, BSH Hausgeräte GmbH, BRP, Carmeq, Continental Automotive, Curtiss-Wright Antriebstechnik, Dräger Medical, ebm papst, Escrypt, ESG, ETAS, Evosoft, Fidelity Information Services KORDOBA, Gigatronik, Harman, Hella, HERE, Hilti, IAV, IBM, ITK Engineering, Knorr Bremse, Leopold Kostal, Magna Steyr, NewTec, PEDCO, Rausch & Pausch, Raytheon, Robert Bosch, Ruag Space, Schaeffler, Siemens, Thales Transportation and ZF Friedrichshafen attend the conference on a regular basis.
What is Applied SAFe in Stages?
Applied SAFe® is a fully fledged tool agnostic implementation of SAFe as a process model within Stages. It serves as your own customizable instance of SAFe. Applied SAFe from PEDCO contains all roles, activities, templates, guidelines, milestones and phases as defined by the SAFe in order to bring the framework to life; including metrics and tailoring. This gives our customers a way of integrating agile practices into their current process landscape and become more efficient without having to start from scratch.