Get a glimpse on latest achievements and a brief outlook about next upcoming topics around Applied SAFe and our services, trainings and global partnerships:
- SAFe 4.5 is available, learn about the new features of this latest framework release which is now called “SAFe for Lean Enterprises”.
- Build compliance into the system with SAFe. SAFe 4.5 addresses both product and process compliance requirements and is excellently supported with our solution Applied SAFe.
- SAFe (28%) has overtaken Scrum/Scrum of Scrums (27%) to be the most popular scaling method cited by respondents (11th State of Agile Report by Version One).
- Further strengthened our global presence with excellent partners and added the category tooling partners.
- Revised PEDCO Managed Process Services with focus on Lean-Agile Transformation, Process Engineering and Process Execution.
- Exhibitor and speaker in USA and Germany at Conferences like Stages Insights, Capability Counts and SAFe Meetup.
- Created the new course category Process Engineering including Process Management 4.0 and Stages Process Engineering.
SAFe® and Applied SAFe® News
SAFe 4.5 – On June 21st Scaled Agile Inc. released SAFe 4.5. Here a brief summary of changes:
SAFe 4.5 is now called ‘SAFe for Lean Enterprises.’ This name was taken to better reflect how the new version of SAFe improves alignment and execution across the enterprise. SAFe is for the business; not just for IT, and not just for software and systems development. SAFe is now even more lean, and more agile, and configurable. It fosters faster innovation, and learning, and helps enterprises get better, faster, business results, on a reliable basis. SAFe can now be configured to match your organization’s needs, and test ideas more quickly using the Lean Startup Cycle and Lean User Experience (Lean UX). Deliver much faster with Scalable DevOps and the Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Simplify governance and enable your portfolio to operate leaner with the Lean Portfolio Management function. The new SAFe Implementation Roadmap enables you to rollout SAFe more efficiently, and effectively, and get better business results much faster.
SAFe 4.5 maximizes the speed of product or service delivery, from initial idea to release, and from customer feedback to enhancements, providing a 360-degree build-measure-learn feedback cycle.
The SAFe 4.5 release focuses on the following key areas of improvements:
- Essential SAFe and Configurability (Applied SAFe 4.0 users are already familiar with different framework configurations).
- Innovation with Lean Startup and Lean UX.
- Scalable DevOps & Continuous Delivery.
- Implementation Roadmap replacing the former Implementation 1-2-3 Guidance.
- Integrated compliance mechanisms explain how to evolve to a lean QMS (Quality Management System) that satisfies regulatory product and process requirements.
- What’s New in SAFe 4.5? Read more.
Applied SAFe 4.5 – Will be released within the next few weeks
Applied SAFe in its actual version already realizes some of the key changes of SAFe 4.5 but will be updated to the latest SAFe content within the next few weeks:
- Since version 4.0 Applied SAFe already realized different configurations for Essential, 3-Level and 4-Level SAFe. With version 4.5 Applied SAFe will be upgraded to reflect the new defined configurations as well as the revised implementation roadmap and other changes.
- Applied SAFe has already a built-in compliance mechanism that will be slightly updated to be in sync with SAFe 4.5 content for clients that want to start work with the latest SAFe release.
Upgrades to the new Applied SAFe 4.5 release from versions 3.0 and 4.0 will be easy as the procedure is excellently supported by our implemented core process deployment concept. You decide by when you want to use and deploy the latest Applied SAFe release. However, we encourage you to upgrade to Applied SAFe 4.5 within the next months to take advantage of the new features. All aspects of Applied SAFe are described in our published brochure, including a lot of implementation details. To open the document just click the picture on the right.
SAFe is the most popular Scaling Method – 11th State of Agile Report by Version One
- Scaling Methods and Approaches: SAFe (28%) has overtaken Scrum/Scrum of Scrums (27%) to be the most popular scaling method cited by respondents.
- Top 5 Tips for Success with Scaling Agile: Executive sponsorship (48%), consistent process and practices (41%), implementation of a common tool across teams (36%), and agile consultants or trainers (36%) continue to be cited in the top five tips for successfully scaling agile for the past few years and likely points to the long-term importance of self-sufficiency when scaling agility. The top cited tip this year, internal agile coaches (52%), was a new entry into the top five. Read more.
Global presence with our Partner Program
PEDCO’s Partner Program continues to grow. The following are our latest partner agreements:
- AgilityHealthⓇ is the leading Agile measurement and continuous growth platform designed for companies that want to accelerate the growth and business agility of their organization. Designed by real world Agile experts, it offers several radars to help measure and optimize the health of an organization. AgilityHealth provides a consistent way for measuring both quantitative and qualitative metrics for Teams, Programs, Portfolios and the overall Enterprise health and agility. It drives improvement and growth at each level of the organization and aims to engage leaders in this continuous growth process.
PQMA is dedicated to build High-Performing Organizations. PQMA is also a CMMI Institute Partner and has extensive knowledge in CMMI, Engineering Improvement, Agile Development, Project Management, and Quality Assurance. PQMA has outstanding consultants and associates with a huge experience combining CMMI and Scaled Agility with SAFe, process engineering, process improvement working with commercial and DoD customers in aerospace, finance, telecommunications, and information technology.
Revised Managed Process Services
Over the past two years our core business has largely moved to lean-agile methods which is also more and more demanded by our market environment. As such, we revised our service areas and created a separate area for lean-agile transformation services complemented by process engineering and execution services:
Furthermore, the offered services are independent from our product Applied SAFe but if feasible can be easily combined with it and related trainings. We also added frameworks and tools from our collaboration and tooling partners that can be combined if helpful and matching given requirements. If you want to outsource your process engineering and execution tasks take us onto your evaluation list and get in touch to consider feasibility of our professionalism. Read more.
Outlook of upcoming conferences and events; visit our booth, we are keen to discuss your challenges and propose solution approaches:
- SAFe Summit 2017, Oct 2-6th in San Antonio,Texas, USA
The SAFe Summit is a must-attend event for individuals relying on SAFe to drive better business outcomes for their customer or employer. It’s where the SAFe community gathers to learn best practices, network with each other, connect with thought leaders and influencers in the industry, and see first-hand how enterprises are leveraging SAFe to continuously deliver value to the customer. Last years summit (Blog) was sold out and a great place to meet, discuss and learn with scaled agilist’s from all over the world.
- Agile in Automotive, Nov 15-16th in Stuttgart, Germany
Join the 2017 conference on November 15th and 16th. Listen to what OEM have to say regarding Agile development, their experiences and expectations in supplier projects. Get insights in Suppliers’ experiences with Agile Software, Mechanical and Hardware development. Learn how your development organization can and must be transitioned to be more Agile in order to be future safe in the automotive business. Last years conference was sold out and our booth and tutorial very well visited, a success and great venue (Blog)
Looking back at the latest conferences and events, where PEDCO participated with a booth, talk or session:
- Stages Insights Conference 2017, March 29th in Fürth, Germany
PEDCO’s booth was well visited and we had lively discussions about our regulatory compliance mappings to the scaled agile process elements.
- CMMI Capability Counts 2017, May 16-17 in Washington, USA
Peter Pedross, CEO & Founder of PEDCO, presented ‘Scaled Agility in Regulated Environments’: As agile methodologies in large scale regulated environments are of immense interest we started a specific blog that addresses practical solution approaches. Register here for updates on this new blog.
- Chicago SAFe Meetup, May 23rd in Chicago, USA
Peter Pedross of PEDCO presented and discussed ‘Scaling Agile in Regulated Environments: Addressing the challenges of compliance‘. The Chicago SAFe Meetup is organized by our strategic partner Blue Agility. Thanks a lot for the organization!
Want to organize participation of PEDCO at your events?
- Get in touch if you want us to present topics from our experience around scaling agile in regulated environments at your in-house or open door event or conference. Contact us.
We already offer trainings for SAFe®, Applied SAFe® and Lean-Agile. Based on our deep design and development experience with process engineering on the Stages platform we now also offer specific workshops and trainings, hence, created an additional training category for process engineering:
- Process Engineering
Benefit from our mature development experience with process engineering on the Stages platform. We gained in-depth skills not only on process design but also in the effective use of the tailoring features, different instantiation and deployment mechanisms as well as compliance mappings to a number of reference models and much more. Get inspired!